COVID-19: IMPORTANT SERVICE UPDATED 02 APRIL
1 week ago
Service update from Friday 03 April
- Slight timing adjustments to connect better with between both services.
- Three return journeys between Jedburgh and Lauder instead of the current two.
- Four trips between Jedburgh and Galashiels (Connect at St Boswells).
- Three trips between Galashiels and Jedburgh (Connect at St Boswells)
- Three trips between Kelso and Earlston/Lauder (Connect at St Boswells)
- TWo trips between Earlston/Lauder and Kelso (Connect at St Boswells)
- Operates hourly between Peebles, Galashiels and BGH via Tweedbank.
- Buses arrive and depart BGH between 0700 and 1900
- Operates hourly between Hawick, Selkirk, Galashiels and BGH via Langlee.
- Buses arrive and depart BGH between 0700 and 2000
To deliver a safe and responsible bus service, we are only operating a number of key routes. A demand response bus service is also available (more info further down this page)
The only Borders Buses services to operate from this date are services 51, 60, 67, 70, H1/H2, X62, X95, 235, B1, 267 and 464. Those services are reduced with later start and earlier finishing times, routes are also limited to the Borders area only. Click on your service to see new times and use our journey planner for individual trips.
There will be no service on service 54, 69, 73, 74, 90A, 90B, 91, 93 and 339
Demand response service and NHS staff journeys
The demand response service is an emergency service for those who need to travel but cannot do so using a scheduled bus service.
It is for those who have no alternative than to leave the home to visit the shop for essentials – food/prescriptions and attending or travelling to work at Borders General Hospital or local care homes.
The service will be available in Galashiels, Kelso, Peebles, Selkirk, Jedburgh, Duns, Newcastleton, Hawick and possibly, at a later date, Berwick.
In addition, specific journeys will be provided for key works and NHS staff traveling to the BGH.
Before making a booking for the demand response service please double check if you can travel by scheduled bus. To find out go to our journey planner and insert your trip details.
If no service is available contact Scottish Borders Council on 01835 826753 between the hours of 08:45 and 16:00 only.
Bookings can be made for up to seven days.
For Tuesday to Friday journeys, please contact Scottish Borders Council on 01835 826753 no later than 15:50 the day before.
For Saturday, Sunday and Monday journeys, please contact Scottish Borders Council on 01835 826753 before 16:00 on Friday.
More info is available from the Scottish Borders Council website
Safety remains our number one priority and we urge all customers to listen to the government’s extremely important instruction and only travel if essential