Making the most of the Borders Buses app
6 months ago
How do I log into the app?
One of the first things to do when using the Border Buses app is to make sure that you are logged in. This means that you can buy tickets and the app will save your preferences and history each time you log in. To log in simply:
- Open the Borders Buses App
- Select the icon on the top left-hand corner with the 3 lines
- Click "Settings" at the very bottom of the list
- Under the heading "user account" click "Sign In"
- If this is your first time logging in, you can "create an account"
- If you have previously signed in you can use your existing details
- The best way to check that you are logged in is to access the menu, it will say "Hello (followed by your email address)"
When I open the map I only see a map, how can I access the other features?
When you first open the app you will see a map. To see what other features are available simply click the icon on the top left-hand corner with the three little lines, this will bring up a list of options including Explore, Mobile Tickets, Favourites, Service Updates, Journey Planner, Timetables, Things to Do, Give Feedback, Settings.
In this area, you will be able to see that you are logged in as it will say "Hello followed by your email address"
How can I track my bus live?
Did you know that you can track your bus live!!!
- You can find our Live Bus Tracking on our app by opening the app to the main page where you will see the map
- On the bottom left-hand corner, you will see a small bus icon with "off" beside it
- Click this to switch live buses "on".
- Next to "on", you will notice a small cog icon
- Click that and it will open the list of services you can track
- Choose which service you would like to track (note if you click more –than 1 service it may slow down your app)
- Once you have selected the service you will notice the route of the service chosen is highlighted on the map with the buses shown in real-time in their location on the map, pointing in the direction they are travelling in.
How do I check if my bus is a bike bus?
Simply click on the vehicle once you have accessed live tracking and check to see under "About this vehicle" whether the vehicle has bike bays.
Can I check how busy my bus is?
Yes! simply follow the instructions under "How can I track my bus live" locate your bus on the map and click on the bus you wish to board. You will see the "Current Capacity" section a short description of how quiet or busy that particular bus is.
Why does my mobile ticket have a 30 minute validity period?
Our Borderless Single Ticket has a 30-minute validity period for security purposes. This 30-minute validity period is only for boarding the bus, it does not mean that your journey needs to be less than 30 minutes; it is only to prevent the ticket from being re-used on another service. Once the 30 minutes expires the ticket will disappear from the app, although please keep in mind that when you purchase this ticket a receipt will be sent to your emails should you require proof of purchase for any reason.
It's a good idea to activate this ticket when you see your bus approaching, this saves the ticket timing out whilst waiting on the bus.